Artifacts in ultrasound are more of a nuisance and can contribute to misleading diagnostic information. Artifacts can be attributed to a hardware problem such as holding the transducer incorrectly or be related to the imaging technique and software such as B-Mode or Doppler. However, scientists at the National Space Biomedical Research Institute (NSBRI) are developing an ultrasound technology that uses "Twinkling Artifact" to detect and push through kidney stones.
United Medical Instruments - Diagnostic Ultrasound Blog!
If you own, scan or repair ultrasound equipment, you need some type of ultrasound service contract. When you make an expensive purchase such as a house or a car, you have insurance on it, why not have a contract on a multi-thousand dollar piece of ultrasound equipment?
Have you considered renting a portable ultrasound machine? Renting a diagnostic imaging system is a quick way to acquire a much needed ultrasound unit without having to qualify for a capital equipment loan.
10 reasons to rent vs. purchase a diagnostic ultrasound machine include:
- Low Monthly Rental Payments – Renting an ultrasound machine can cost far less than purchasing a new ultrasound system.
- Minimal Initial Investment – Renting gives you the ability to use your operational cash flow and preserve your capital for other areas of your business.
- Utilize New CPT Billing with Little Investment – Renting ultrasound allows you to add new billable services to your practice/facility.
- Rent It Before You Buy It – Renting allows you to use a system prior to making a purchasing decision.
- No Maintenance Costs – United Medical Instruments, Inc. (UMI) covers all equipment maintenance and repairs during your rental agreement.
- No Long Term Commitment – Your rental contract is only for 1 year. After that – pay as you go.
- Operational Expense – A medical equipment rental can be written off as an overhead expense.
- Option to Purchase - You can turn your short term commitment into a permanent investment any time within the first year of your contract and apply all payments toward the purchase price.
- Software Updates and New Technologies – Renting allows you the opportunity to stay current with new software updates and technologies.
- Ultrasound System Training – We will provide one day of onsite applications training with additional online support throughout your rental agreement via UMI Interactive.
United Medical Instruments, Inc. offers ultrasound machines for rent.
If you would like to discuss ultrasound rental options, Contact us at 877.490.7036 or click here to,
Buying new, used or refurbished ultrasound equipment can be a stressful decision for any physician looking to increase patient services in their practice. Investing thousands of dollars into capital equipment can be a risk, but you can mitigate those risks by doing your homework:
- Research which patient services will be best for the demographic of your practice
- Understand the changes in reimbursement and billing
- Market your practice and the new patient services offered
- Obtain education and training from trusted sources
- Explore ultrasound resellers if buying used or refurbished ultrasound equipment
Many resellers have contracts in place to represent and sell new ultrasound equipment, often this arrangement can be a better partnership for a physician practice as opposed to buying from the large OEM like GE Healthcare or Siemens Medical – with a smaller company you get the same great equipment from the OEM but more personalized service when it comes to education, training, service, and a warranty.
Contact Us to recieve a copy of our Medical Reimbursement Matrix.
Trust and confidence in a vendor is paramount in the decision making process. UMI has thousands of satisfied customers around the world who have purchased new, used, and refurbished ultrasound equipment. International innovator, professor, and physician John Kingsley, has relied on UMI for years to provide him with ultrasound equipment, service and training. If you're wondering which reseller to partner with, watch his video and hear what your peers are saying about United Medical Instruments, Inc.
Increased Population Drives More Services
It's a fact: Diagnostic ultrasound improves patient care.
There are more people present and living longer than in the past. For sonographic professionals this means a range of patient services are needed to meet the health demands of the population. Diagnostic ultrasound covers a range of clinical applications including:
Topics: portable ultrasound machine, laptop ultrasound machine, portable ultrasound system, compact ultrasound system, handheld ultrasound, mobile ultrasound, handheld echo, portable echo, portable sonography
Ultrasound Treats the Whole Patient
Women rely on their physician for a range of healthcare issues from pregnancy to female issues. Being able to address a woman's health needs contributes to patient loyalty. Treating the whole patient instead of referring her elsewhere is not only convenient, it streamlines her health. Types of sonography include:
Venous Insufficiency Affects 50% of Population over Age 50
Ultrasound is Gold Standard for Vein Care Treatments
There are three popular vein care treatment methods which physicians perform to treat varicose veins. They are:
Heart Disease Kills 1 in 4 Americans
Ultrasound Serves as a Screening ToolHeart disease does not discriminate. According to the CDC, "Heart disease is the leading cause of death for people of most ethnicities in the United States, including African Americans, Hispanics, and whites." Carotid ultrasound is now the standard tool to study the presence and progression of cardiovascular disease.
Many options for ultrasound machines are available, meeting budgetary requirements. The cost of an ultrasound machine may be less expensive than you thought. Choices are available for cart-based or portable ultrasound machines, allowing for practice flexibility.
If you're considering adding diagnostic ultrasound to your practice, read on for the benefits.
Diagnostic ultrasound covers a range of clinical applications including: cart-based or portable ultrasound machines, allowing for practice flexibility.
Below are 10 reasons to include diagnostic ultrasound in your practice:
Topics: portable ultrasound machine, cost of ultrasound machine, Diagnostic Ultrasound, ob/gyn ultrasound, laptop ultrasound machine, portable ultrasound system, Used Ultrasound Machine, pain management ultrasound, cart based ultrasound machine
Portable ultrasound machines are available from every manufacturer and range in price from $10,000-$75,000 depending on features and technology. Depending on one's clinical needs it certainly seems to make sense to buy one either for your private practice or to start a mobile sonography business. In the last month of 2012, and with Section 179 Tax Deduction available, it even makes more sense to take advantage of the cost savings.