Heart Disease Kills 1 in 4 Americans
Ultrasound Serves as a Screening ToolHeart disease does not discriminate. According to the CDC, "Heart disease is the leading cause of death for people of most ethnicities in the United States, including African Americans, Hispanics, and whites." Carotid ultrasound is now the standard tool to study the presence and progression of cardiovascular disease.
Many options for ultrasound machines are available, meeting budgetary requirements. The cost of an ultrasound machine may be less expensive than you thought. Choices are available for cart-based or portable ultrasound machines, allowing for practice flexibility.
If you're considering adding diagnostic ultrasound to your practice, read on for the benefits.
- 1. Physicians trained in ultrasound can provide more comprehensive clinical services to their patients
- 2. Expand referral base by offering noninvasive diagnostic testing to primary care and family practitioners
- In-office ultrasound exams improve patient care by comparing physical exams, bloodwork and complete patient history including easy access to study archives for patients
- Conduct real time evaluation of area of concern, provide quick turn around time
- Evaluate pathology and decide on next steps faster, saving the patient time and money
- Ultrasound evaluates the health of the vessels which is a reliable predictor of future cardiovascular events
- Preventive care includes ultrasound screening, improving patient care
- Increase revenue stream by collecting both technical and professional fees
- Increase billing revenue for your practice instead of outsourcing to hospitals or imaging centers
- Ultrasound machine payoff can occur within one year of ownership